Today was sadly a not so good class. We started off with a fire drill. The alarm made my ears hurt and it was cold outside so that wasn't much fun. Even better was that when we came back in Mr. Schick did another one of his pop quiz surprises that I got 2 out of 10 correct. My grade is already low in this class because I didn't submit a blog the day I was out for the play saying I was out. Because of this, I now have a C in this class (which is so unlike me) and will drop even more from this pop quiz. It doesn't make sense but oh well I'll survive I guess. I mean it's only a few days into the second quarter and my grades are already falling apart. I even told myself that my goal for this marking period was to get my grades together and make honors. First quarter my GPA was 3.987. I guess not enough. So here's hoping for this quarter. My prayers go to my grades.
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment