I'd like to begin saying that I successfully emailed my blog to you last night. I've never been too great with technology, so that was a plus. Secondly, I can't tell you how interested I am in your class already. In my old school, we didn't have human geography but just social studies where we covered the basics like wars and how the people of that time lived. So I hope to expand that topic and learn of different times of different people. I say I'm already interested because of the little speech you gave us today. It's so true. The conflict with our generation so far, is how people think so strongly of their opinion that they can't even stop to listen to someone who thinks differently than them. It's the same way when someone is different from them. This often happens when it comes to people being gay/lesbian or transgender. As well as religion and politics. I feel that if everyone just stopped once in a while, and saw from one another's point of view, we might understand and appreciate each other more. But people simply can't seem to do that? So how do we convince them? When we believe in something so strongly and others can't agree, it leads to strife and chaos. Here are my thoughts and I look forward to more interesting conversations in your class.
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment