Today in human geography class we went over our tests that we recently took. I am proud to say that I no longer have an F in this class. I received an 85 on this test and feel very good with my work. I'm really not the F type so you can imagine that this grade sitting here for a week or two really made me a freak. After this, we talked more on the kiva.org project. Unfortunately I have not been able to make a donation yet, but will finish that tonight. I checked over the weekend to double check the people I had considered lending to, and found that both had either made their goal, or had run out of time. So tonight I will do a little more research and find another person to help out. I think this is a really great website to help those in need. It seems to be very effective. I hope you continue to make this an assignment for the rest of your teaching years!
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment