Today in this class we took a test. I don't think I did bad...I hope I didn't. There's not much to say for this blog so I'm going to talk about the test questions. They weren't too bad, but some didn't seem like we talked about them enough or put them in the study guide for the test. For example, I still don't know what degrees the Prime Meridian is located at. Also it's weird how different teachers form their test questions. Most people know that when you are taking a test, the bubbled answers are most likely not going to be in a row. But when I took this test, I know that about three of my answers were definitely right, and they were all like C's. It's just kind of tricky. But Mr. Schick would do something like that. I mean he gives us pop quiz's all the time. Why wouldn't he want to trick us and make our brains go crazy, right? Anyway, there still isn't much to talk about, so here is how I feel today's class went.
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment