Today in Human Geography class, we discussed population and settlement. How we discussed this was from an online site that showed the average number of people in the world being birthed and who were dying that day. The first time I saw the data of this average I was at a field trip in sixth grade. The reason I remember this is because I thought it was so cool how the numbers were changing so quickly. I was less educated then, and now know that it wasn't completely accurate. People weren't behind computers collecting data on the exact number of people entering and exiting. So after seeing how many people were in the world, and how it keeps accelerating, what do we do when the earth cannot hold anymore people? PURGE?!?! That would suck. But I'm not sure and I guess I'll never know. We will all probably be really old or dead people by then...:( This was today's class, looking forward for more discussion
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment