For today's human geography blog, I'm not sure where I'm gonna go with this paragraph because we didn't do much to talk about. Mr. Schick was absent, we had a sub, and were assigned a blog to do in class on "Thinking globally, and acting locally," as explained in the last discussion. So instead I'm gonna talk about how the class went. First I was confused on whether or not we were on school lock down, because not long before this class it was spreading through the school that there was a shooting. Speaking of shootings, what's with all of them lately. I feel like 2017 has been the year of hurricanes and shootings.It makes me upset because there is nothing we can really do about it but pray. Obviously that doesn't seem to be working well, because these awful events just keep happening. After I thought of this, many brought up the crazy accident at the Celtics basket ball game that occurred recently. Let's just say really messed up foot...but anyway thid id how class went.
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment