Since we didn't do much in class today, I'm just going to write about what we have talked about so far. I'm still waiting to learn more about this unit, because the whole talk about the maps being wrong, and us never fixing it just blows my mind. So it will be interesting to see what else Mr. Schick has in store. Speaking of Mr. Schick, we learned that he was apart of the making in "Home Alone" and Uncle Buck." I would definitely be interested in joining his TV production classes. I have some questions. Does it take place like a real class? When is it? Do I have to be in a certain grade to take it? If you could answer these, that would be great! I think it's crazy that some people already know what they want to do when they ar eolder, especially when adults ask us because I have no idea. Well that's not entirely true. Of course I have thought about it and everything I have considered in some way involves the arts. I like acting, drawing, movies, baking. I definitely see myself graduating college and going into one of these areas. This is why I'd be willing to try your TV production. I'm also in the intro to drawing and design class. This is something I had to apply to get into. I gave the art teacher some of my work and an essay on why I think I should be included in his class. I was excepted. This makes me a little more relaxed because it might be able to tell me if this is where I should go with my future career.
1. Why is it important to know the time zones of the Earth? When traveling to a different state or country, you will need to know what time of day it is. Did you gain or lose hours? 2. Name one fact you learned about a certain country based on the CIA website we looked at in class. 3. How do the Peter and Mercator maps differ? Why are these maps different? Peter is the correct map according to size. Many notice that some of the countries on the Mercator map are not mapped according to the right size. Greenland is way off compared to it's original size. 4. Circadian Cycle? Your body's natural and biological clock 5. Why is it important for geographers to research the culture of a region? 6. Who proposed one standard constant time for the whole world? Sandford Fleming 7. What is our official language? none 8. Primary language? English about 80% 9. What is a cartographer? map maker ...
Comments
Post a Comment